Hello and Welcome back to a special episode of The Earth Sea Love Podcast.
Your host, Dr. Sheree Mack, is recoding this episode out on location while walking The West Highland Way. A 96 mile hike from the lowlands to the highlands of Scotland, running through some of the most breathtaking, iconic and remote parts of Scotland, this is a life-changing long distance hike, which is Sheree’s third attempt at completing.
During this episode, you’ll hear Sheree talking through the wind and rain about:
* the walk and the stages she’s walking
* what is happening with the podcast for the rest of the year
* what is happening with the podcast in 2024
* what her dreams are concerning walking
* what it’s like to walk the way and what it means to Sheree
* looking for diversity on the trails
* collaborating with identity on tyne with their new project
The call out details for the Black Nature in Residence programme which will see 5 creatives of the global majority in 5 Northern National Parks can be found here. The closing date for applications is 31st October 2023.
For images of the Way, please check out the Earth Sea Love website for this episode.